Thursday, October 23, 2008

And the walls come a-tumblin' down...

"This hole don't look big enough." Fantastic. At least our ceilings will (fingers, toes, eyes crossed) be fixed next week. And now the repairman got stuck in my bathroom.

Gmail usually places relevant links at the top of your inbox, like spam casserole recipes in the section of unloved e-mails. Today's, though, has no relevance to my e-mails or to fact: "Sarah Palin" is the headline, "www.good.is" is the link. Riddle me this, comrades.

Words that the Google spell check does not recognize: Gmail (really?); inbox; www. I understand outdated editions of Word doing this, but it's time to deal with the twenty-first century. Let's not even get into grammar check. It told me to substitute "It's" in the phrase "Its most recent issue." No wonder people get these two confused if their word processor doesn't know the difference. Please, people, turn off grammar check right now. Rip off the Band-Aid; learn participles and subject-verb agreement on your own. The world will be better off.

Which brings me back to the governor of Alaska. At the top of her lengthy entry on Wikipedia (also forsaken by spell check), it says "the neutrality of this article is disputed." Her page has 211 sources - that's more than Jesus gets.

1 comment:

Belkis said...

What is broken in your house? Sarah Palin scares me.

Search This Blog