Friday, October 17, 2008

Don't it always seem to go?

I was inspired by tonight's reading, and the T I took back. Ergo...

The Ride Home

We're having a pah-ty, a woman crows
In an invented dialect of self-inclusion
Step right on,
We'll be moving in a moment,
Called out through unflattering microphone distortion
Three minutes, sixteen seconds,
And I await salvation from this seventh circle of lethargy
The moment has passed
Nobody's having a pah-ty

A Herculean ogre of man stoops to fit beneath the ceiling
His peppered hair obfuscates my destination
Red neon reads ST. MAR
My mind wades out to sea
And I'm enraptured by the crash of waves
Snap back - that's just the train tracks

We lurch, jump-start, and emerge from extinction
With the panic level of a Prozac devotee
Have you seen American Psycho?
Return to the world of the living
Same girl confesses, he's slightly odd
I like them slightly odd

Apartment windows kindle our journey from the abyss
This stop was requested, yet none depart
Our shuttle impervious shields us refugees
My neighbor scans stage directions
Lipstick for Pagliacci, speaks woman one
You aren't much different, homicidal lunatic lover
Passengers perform for a pinch-thrift public
While acting as if nobody is there
Come on, people now, smile on your non-gender-specific brother
Wait, that's my stop
Get the hell out of my way

No comments:

Search This Blog