Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho

They're about to drill a hole in my living room wall, aka the part of the wall that looks nice and doesn't need refurbishment. Thanks, leaky pipes. Of course, the pipes aren't leaking on my floor, just on the second floor. But they want to "see what's up." It's damp and gloomy outside now, so that probably won't help. Ah, there's the sound of drilling, from the apartment below. Nothing says rise-and-shine like overbearing machinery. Toss the roosters - this will ensure that everyone for miles around wakes up when you want.

Kalyn, by the way, I'm sorry I didn't write this last night. I know your waking up in the morning depends upon my blog. Don't kill yourself, please (that was last week's entry). If you need incentive to wake up still, I'll send you a drill that gnashes your walls to smithereens.

Oh, now we switch to the refreshing sound of hammering. Anyone heard that Ellen sketch? If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening... Once you get a hammer, you realize you don't hammer as much as you thought you would. Unless your job is to fix leaky pipes inside walls. Maybe they could install a cool trap door afterward; if they need to go back in, secret passage through the bookshelf!

We almost got a free piano from Craigslist. (Train of thought: I want a bookshelf; people don't give them away on Freecycle; people do give away pianos. Three degrees of separation. Kevin Bacon sold separately.) Someone came in before us to snatch it away. But now we need one to cover up our desecrated wall.

No comments:

Search This Blog