Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oxymoron. 1a. Microsoft Works

I've always felt good about spelling. But sometimes I get caught on words like "dicey." I tried to write "dicier" in a Word document, but the red underline appeared. Bill Gates doesn't have the widest lexicon, but I thought maybe I was the fool. I spelled out "dicey" just to be sure - no problems there. Mild vindication. "More dicey"? Aye, the abhorred grammar check. Right-click (cause I still got Windows) and what does it substitute? "Dicier." I make the change and move on. What, then, gives Word a conniption? "Dicier."

Dicing reminds me of "Dexter," which is rocking this season, and that reminds me of the bird now chirping at my sock. Dexter (the bird) has a thing about white socks. He looks so puzzled. Where'd the foot go? And will it come back? It's like when my grandfather used to steal my nose when I was younger. Cool and upsetting at the same time. What if he couldn't reattach it? Things couldn't have gotten much dicier than that.

2 comments:

Carrie Fab said...

You. Are silly. Why were you putting dicier in a Word Document anyway silly head?

MrsBintheRIC said...

I always love reading whatever you write...You could make a sharpened pencil sound like the most exciting thing in the world! :) Keep up the blogging my P.I.C.

Search This Blog